Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Writing Sample 5

Plan
Orientation: Dusk, Marae, Tangata Whenua, Manuhiri, Powhiri.
Body: Powhiri, Speeches, Waharoa.
Final comment: As I look at the dusk sky I say to myself “A powhiri is very special to the Maori people because it is very respectful.”

“Where am I.” I look around to try and figure out where i am. Then I suddenly figure out I am at a marae and the sky is dusk.

Then I figure out I am one the Tangata Whenua. As I look at the Manuhiri I hear one of the Tangata Whenua say a speech. As I look at them I see them bowing their heads in respect for the ancestors of the Te Tahawai Marae. I wonder what the ancestors would think about the Manuhiri.

As I look at the dusk sky I say to myself “A powhiri is very special to the Maori people because it is very respectful.”

By Remuel

1 comment: