Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Matariki Story

Matariki Story Where am I? Suddenly I realise its night I hear people laughing and I see a fire. There are 5 people one man, one old lady, two young ladies and 2 children. When I go closer I realise its uncle Greg, uncle Ve’a, grandma Lita, mum Tumama and cousin Regina. Then they tell me they’ve come to tell stories about Matariki. As I am walking closer to the campfire I feel the sand pushing between my toes. Suddenly I hear someone say “Try to find the stars of Matariki”. So I look up then I see them. They look like diamonds that are scattering. Then I look at the water. I can see the reflection of the stars shining on the water. As I get closer I can see the fire twisting. They also look like tongues of fire. As I lie on the sand I wonder what it would be allowed to look at the stars on the beach with the maori tribes. Would I welcome to their Matariki celebration or would I have to become a maori.


2 comments:

  1. I like your Matariki story your had done lots of things on your bloggle don;t put it on if you did not show your work with Mrs Cochrane if she says so.
    By Thel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like jow you did it but what i said about giving your work to Mrs Cochrane you have to do that when you want to put it on your bloogle then you should do it.
    By Thel

    ReplyDelete